Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Friday, April 12, 2013

So they went off together...

After a decade, ten books and around 700 drawings, I have painted Ivy and Bean for the last time.
The tenth book, written of course by the glorious Annie Barrows, will be out in the Fall and is as funny and endearing as you would expect.
It's very hard to think of Ivy and Bean not being part of my life, they've bossed me around for so long. Maybe they'll come back as eye-rolling, leg-shaving teenagers. I do hope they won't disown us.


4 comments:

Sonya Artis said...

I do hope they come back as sweet teenagers. I think that's possible

Anonymous said...

Thank you - For all 10 of them!

nicole j. wroblewski said...

I have loved these books so much. I feel confident every time I put them in a kid's hands that they will too. Sorry to see it end, but excited for book 10 :)

Model Baju Koko Lebaran 2015 said...

Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clarity on your submit is just great and that i could assume you are a professional on this subject. Well together with your permission allow me to snatch your feed to stay up to date with drawing close post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.